Resistors in interconnects...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Earlier this year, probably one rainy Sunday afternoon I made up a simple pair of interconnects: nothing special just a silver plated copper/ptfe twisted pair but with a 4.7 Ohm metal film resistor in series with the 'earth' wire. There is nothing special about 4.7 Ohm any low value resistor seemed effective. The lead was put between attenuator and power-amp.

I perceived a not subtle change in the sound between when the resistor was in circuit and when it was bypassed. I won't describe the difference but it was particularly noticeable on music with a 'live' acoustic and also that which had a very heavy bass.

If anyone else is interested in trying this I would be interested to hear any views as to whether or not they perceive a difference and if so why this might be :bigeyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.