Psychokinesis believers please raise your hand - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th February 2013, 05:54 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Psychokinesis believers please raise your hand

Thread started based on Dchisholm's question on another thread.

So anyone on the forum who is a strong believer ? Would be interesting to see your viewpoint even if you do not believe in it and why !
Cheers.
Old 12th February 2013, 06:01 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Actually, the question I asked at Pendulum - call for a reality check ! was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchisholm View Post
Would all the people who believe in psychokinesis please raise my hand?

Dale
Old 12th February 2013, 06:05 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Sorry Dchisholm , I goofed that. I though you made a typo ! On a quick read I didn't catch the implication of 'raise 'my' hand'. Now I do !

Anyway this question is valid too. It would be interesting to see if anyone dwells on the subject at all !

Last edited by ashok; 12th February 2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old 12th February 2013, 08:16 AM   #4
just another
diyAudio Moderator

I think that for anyone to strongly believe in it, they would have to be able (or believe they are able to) do it themselves

Since I can't do it I guess I'm not a believer (though when I was younger I enjoyed reading science fiction where people could do it).

Tony.
Old 12th February 2013, 10:18 AM   #5
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

I had a different experience. In growing up, I enjoyed a lot of science fiction too, but I really DIS liked any that required me to accept people with such ability. I always felt it was a cheap gimmick to give the character some ability. SO I disliked fanstasy in general, prefering "hard" scifi. In fact, having been a life long member of the scifi book club I eventually let my membership lapse because the offerings were almost entirely fantasy and magic stuff. Vampires, oh please. And what real scifi there was, was mostly hacks writing new episodes for the characters in Star Wars and Star Trek.

I have zero belief in psychokinesis, I have no reason to consider belief in it. It doesn;t happen, no one can perform it under controlled conditions. WHy should I invoke some archane, supernatural geeked up explanation for something when perfectly ordinary explanations for any of it are already sitting there.
Old 12th February 2013, 11:20 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I do believe in it, even though my own random number generator experiment produced a non-significant negative result in the end. If you want to know why, see Radin and Nelson, "Evidence for consciousness-related anomalies in random physical systems", Foundations of Physics vol. 19, no. 12, 1989, pp. 1499...1514. There are just too many random number experiments giving significant positive results to ignore it.

Hide this!Advertise here!