Psychokinesis believers please raise your hand

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry Dchisholm , I goofed that. I though you made a typo ! On a quick read I didn't catch the implication of 'raise 'my' hand'. Now I do ! :)

Anyway this question is valid too. It would be interesting to see if anyone dwells on the subject at all !

Last edited:
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I think that for anyone to strongly believe in it, they would have to be able (or believe they are able to) do it themselves :)

Since I can't do it I guess I'm not a believer ;) (though when I was younger I enjoyed reading science fiction where people could do it).

Tony.

I had a different experience. In growing up, I enjoyed a lot of science fiction too, but I really DIS liked any that required me to accept people with such ability. I always felt it was a cheap gimmick to give the character some ability. SO I disliked fanstasy in general, prefering "hard" scifi. In fact, having been a life long member of the scifi book club I eventually let my membership lapse because the offerings were almost entirely fantasy and magic stuff. Vampires, oh please. And what real scifi there was, was mostly hacks writing new episodes for the characters in Star Wars and Star Trek.

I have zero belief in psychokinesis, I have no reason to consider belief in it. It doesn;t happen, no one can perform it under controlled conditions. WHy should I invoke some archane, supernatural geeked up explanation for something when perfectly ordinary explanations for any of it are already sitting there.

I do believe in it, even though my own random number generator experiment produced a non-significant negative result in the end. If you want to know why, see Radin and Nelson, "Evidence for consciousness-related anomalies in random physical systems", Foundations of Physics vol. 19, no. 12, 1989, pp. 1499...1514. There are just too many random number experiments giving significant positive results to ignore it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.