Cooledit vs Adobe Audition

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have the 1.2 version of Cooledit Pro and would like to upgrade to Adobe Audition.
There’s not a lot of info on the net regarding improvements.
I could download the tryout version if there was no registration form. (Hate that)
Anyone using the Audition version and did use the old Cooledit can give some info? What is changed? Is it worth the investment? Pros? Cons?

Thanks for any info

/Hugo

Adobe Audition 1.0 includes everything that was ever available in Cool Edit 2000, plus more from Cool Edit Pro 2.0. The only exception I can see is the loss of the RealMedia export option. I really like Audition because it makes creating single- and multi-track audio files very easy and painless. What exactly did you want to know about it?

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I finally downloaded the trial version and must say that it works very nicely apart from some crashes now and then.
I mainly use it to clean up recordings I make from old vinyl; I don't use the multitrack features.
I might eventually buy it.

Thanks

/Hugo

I would recommend to look for cheaper software if your aim is the transfer of vinyl to digital, there are several packages for that puspose available.
Audition or CEP2.1 actually never crashed on my computers, please check your soundcard drivers and the settings.

Klaus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.