Naming your own link?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
There are a couple of ways to do it. The easiest is probably to copy the URL, then highlight the text you you want in your post, choose the link button and paste the URL in there. It will turn your selected text into a link for the URL you copied and pasted.

For example: I put the words "Here's a Link" into the post, then go copy a web address.
(IMDb - Movies, TV and Celebrities). I highlight the text I want to be the link and use the little globe-link button above. That brings up a window that the URL can be pasted into. Presto! You've got a link that says what you want it to. You can even make it bold.

The first link above ("Here's a Link") was done that way while the second, (IMDb - Movies, TV and Celebrities) was picked up automatically from the URL.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The BB code looks like this:
I put the words [URL="http://www.imdb.com/"]"Here's a Link"[/URL] into the post, then go copy a web address.
You see the URL inside brackets, then your text, then the /URL inside brackets to close the tag.

In another window or tag find the website you want to link to. Copy its URL. Go to the text position where you want to put the link. Click the 'Insert Link' icon. Paste the URL. Click OK or press Return. At this point you should have a link, but using the URL as the name too. It will be highlighted, so just type in the text you want to appear for the link.

That is the method I use.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.