too logical

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok, there seem to be a ton of things in audio that just seem too logical. or to be blunt -- too much likely to be psycological effects.

like tubes amps glow and sound warm. ok, i can live with that, there are studies and such which show that there is scientic basis for this.

next is the wire debate. if one thinks that a wire is directional, then reveses one side, it seems logical that there must be a shift in the stereo image.

for the power supply caps in gainclones, a high value makes a high time constant and this relates to slower sound?

skinning caps makes the sound less restricted? hmm, that also seems logical as you are removing a layer.

silver looks so pure and sounds so smooth? seems pretty logical as well.

I'm not going to debate any of these as i'm sure they are all over the boards, but really, is there anything that makes no sense at all? like something that connotes a certian sound when you think about how it should sound, then sounds nothing at all like what you thought?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.