diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   can i ask for help on upgrades on hifi. (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/226716-can-i-ask-help-upgrades-hifi.html)

youngie 30th December 2012 10:21 PM

can i ask for help on upgrades on hifi.

can i ask for help on upgrades on hifi. what i mean does anyone live near me leamington spa warwickshire.. who can upgraded my valve amp yaqin 2100 and my marantz cd player 6003.. if i am not alound to ask this question please can mods delete this as i dont want to get me or anyone else in trouble kind regards youngie

youngie 1st January 2013 10:55 PM

well can anyone help me cheers lee

sreten 1st January 2013 11:19 PM

Hi,

TBH modifications / upgrades to hifi equipment are for the serious tinkerer.
Generally speaking its better to sell on, and simply to get better stuff used.

Its the old adage, if you need to ask, you shouldn't be doing it, as
you don't know what you are doing, and here you will get as much
bad advice as good, if you can't tell the difference your stuffed.

rgds, sreten.

DUG 2nd January 2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngie (Post 3304870)
can i ask for help on upgrades on hifi. what i mean does anyone live near me leamington spa warwickshire.. who can upgraded my valve amp yaqin 2100 and my marantz cd player 6003.. if i am not alound to ask this question please can mods delete this as i dont want to get me or anyone else in trouble kind regards youngie

I really think someone could help you here but you should do a lot of browsing on DIYaudio first so you will know where to post your questions and how to phrase them so as to illicit a response that will help you.

I think that the "Tubes / Valves" in the "Amplifier" section would be the best place for your question about your valve amp. Be warned you will be asked if you have a schematic for the amp if no one has one handy.

Good Luck

Nanook 2nd January 2013 03:24 AM

be careful of lethal voltages...

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngie (Post 3304870)

youngie: Please heed sreten's comments regarding upgrading.The voltages and currents within electronics circuits canKILL. Now if you are seeking an experienced diy'er, or a shop to help you out, that is completely another thing assuming they (a shop or experienced diy'er) are competent.

I found these threads here at diyaudio.com. Again, please do not attempt any mods to the tube amp (particularly) or any other electronics equipment unless you have been trained to do so or completely willing to assume all risks Again, I highly recommend an experienced diy'er or a commercial electronics repair/engineering shop rather than kill or injure yourself, and/or destroy the amp. The threads I found are pretty explicit regarding components and instructions.

youngie 2nd January 2013 01:22 PM

thank you all for your reply i am not willing todo this myself. i dont want to kill myself the kids would not be happy if that happend. i really want this upgrade done. happy newyear all lee

madtecchy 2nd January 2013 01:25 PM

Hi Youngie.. What upgrades are you looking at having done

youngie 2nd January 2013 02:21 PM

my yaqin amp 2100 also my monitor audio rs6 speakers if possible cheers mate lee

Enzo 2nd January 2013 10:33 PM

Youngie, I THINK what madtecchy was asking was what do you want DONE to those pieces of equipment? DOn't just say "upgrade." Tell us what the nature of that upgrade should be.

youngie 3rd January 2013 09:32 AM

sorry i would like my speakers done to drop the treblie from them as they are very high. and my amp. because i have read good reviews after the amp has been done. cheers lee