Cat's away, mice will play 1:43 diorama challenge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
My audiophilia nervosa (AN) analyst-therapist (analrapist) suggested some regression therapy, so I decided to go along and pretend I was 12.
With the impending armageddon, I decided to re-dedicate my altar to mammon and arrange things around a bit of a dystopia theme. And then I thought I would invite some friends over to play cars, but nobody wanted to come over because it's too cold outside, so I had to play by myself. Then I remembered the internet and thought I would share my work and try to help other sufferers of AN and help them get on the road to creating other 1:43 dioramas out of their gear. Neat-o, huh?

I'll start things off with a grainy street view to give you a taste of what I have in mind. So you other members also: spend five minutes arranging your gear into a 1:43 scale diorama and then post some photos of it. Trust me, it's not only fun for all ages, it's valuable therapy!

Attachments

• 5200 Adcom streetview1.jpg
    5200 Adcom streetview1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 86
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I suppose I need to get a variety of dried vegetation that looks aquatic. To summarize my theme for this current still-life ensemble: 'Sights from the red light district of the underwater city of Atlantis'

Can everybody agree to stick to 1:43 scale, as 1:43 vehicles are pretty much perfect-sized props? Actually, if you scale a standard 40 foot shipping container to 1:43, it is just over 11 inches long and 2.2 inches wide which seems like a good size to build audio equipment. Then your rack could look like a shipping yard.

Attachments

• 5200 Adcom pic2.jpg
    5200 Adcom pic2.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 77
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.