Norfolk Police promotes destroying PA equipment in Youtube as a method to stop raves - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th January 2013, 04:59 PM   #21
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Burning Amp has nothing on the VanIsleFest at planet10's every year. Just ask the local police, paramedics and firemen
Old 30th January 2013, 05:57 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Why don't they auction off the equipment? That's what happens in the US, a lot of impounded stuff is auctioned to make money for the state or county.
Old 30th January 2013, 06:12 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

If they auctioned it of it would be put back into service most likley at an ilegal rave ..LoL
Old 30th January 2013, 06:18 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
I'm on the Wrong Coast, so I can't even imagine what wild things go on at the Burning Amp festival...
"Burning Amp" is quite tame when compared to what happens at mainstream clubs and "commercial" raves, it's simply on a larger scale. It's not an illegal event in any case so, like most club events, one is not really at risk for having their equipment seized; it's permitted and monitored by local authorities. One of the key concerns of the organizers, in fact, is that participants leave no trace. Of course, not everyone who attends shares the concern that they take care of the shared resource that they enjoy, but enough are that it gets taken seriously. I think that the perception of "crazy" is a bit overblown by the media. It's really quite about respectful self expression.
Old 30th January 2013, 06:27 PM   #25
Mr. dB is offline Mr. dB  United States
diyAudio Member

Wouldn't the sound system be hired for the occasion? Destroying it punishes the sound company, not the event organizers.
Old 30th January 2013, 11:51 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. dB View Post
Wouldn't the sound system be hired for the occasion? Destroying it punishes the sound company, not the event organizers.
This is not always the case for small time events. A quick look at the gear being destroyed should tell you that it's not likely rented gear. It's not out of the question though, it only took my back being turned for a few minutes before some DJ blew some of my speakers by messing with what he shouldn't have some (quite a few actually) years ago; I rented gear for the second night. Had this been after the crackdown there might have been some risk for having rental gear seized.

That said, I find it unlikely that a court would feel that they had the authority to order rented gear to be destroyed. Then again, what I know about such things fits in a thimble.
Old 31st January 2013, 01:32 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Location: Mar del Plata, a BIG seasonal getaway city, can see the Ocean from our residence.
Blind wanton destruction disguised as an agent of change, breeds animosity among all parties. Those "authorities" seeking behavior change somehow twist laws in their favor....often times failing court challenges.
From "Cash-for-clunkers", prized Mercedes roadsters-destroyed, to valuable & rare 1847 Colt Walker firearms-destroyed, to Valuable, Large Homes, recently built-destroyed.
All three under a mis-guided notion of the perceived value....of destruction.

__________________________________________________ ___Rick.........
Old 1st February 2013, 09:40 AM   #28
M Gregg is offline M Gregg  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I will agree,

there is something wrong with the general culture...destroying things...crushing cars for no car tax...burning drugs (could they have a medical value)...destroying equipment....burning ivory (use it to fund the parks if there is a legal supply it will reduce the price). Not selling the stuff and putting it to use for the economy or a good cause. What is gained by doing this?

A bit off topic , however its along the same lines..

Regards
M. Gregg

Hide this!Advertise here!