Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th December 2012, 08:45 PM   #11
juz400 is offline juz400  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I think this guy heard and wanted to be first in line with the sledgehammer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PAFtLtOX7k
Old 14th December 2012, 09:02 PM   #12
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomi
I think the YouTube rating tells us everything we need to know about this policy:
13 likes, 879 dislikes
It might tell us something about YouTube users?

Flogging the seized equipment on ebay just means someone else can pick it up cheaply and annoy someone else.
Old 14th December 2012, 09:12 PM   #13
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Let's not go down the road to Rule #9, shall we?
Old 14th December 2012, 09:19 PM   #14
Eva is offline Eva  Spain
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Eva
Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
It might tell us something about YouTube users?

Flogging the seized equipment on ebay just means someone else can pick it up cheaply and annoy someone else.
This is a dangerous reasoning because it can lead people without a background on the subject to think that all affordable audio equipment should be destroyed just because it can be used in the wrong place by the wrong people.
Old 14th December 2012, 10:27 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Rave promoters borrow or rent the equipment anyway, their financial nut is invested up in the extasy market.
Old 14th December 2012, 10:53 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

As I mentioned, in the past I have thrown electronic music renegade events and the group I worked with owned all our equipment. We didn't charge and we had nothing to do with any drugs that may have been exchanged at the event. Ecstasy use was not really that popular in our scene I might add.
I would think that, logically, broad generalizations about such a world wide and varied culture cannot be accurate. History has shown that criminalization of non violent recreational activities only promotes violence as Eva has said. If collaboration between government and cultural/music movements was accepted, such events would not be the norm in EDM. That being said I do support an encourage discussion like this between people of differing opinions and don't take anything said thus far personally.

Carry on =)

-Matt
Old 15th December 2012, 09:50 AM   #17
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Happy memorys of meeting up at motorway service stations, then driving to some remote place to party, day-glo paint and all (plus whistle and glow sticks), but that was many years ago, now I have had my middle age crisis, so dont condone the playing of loud repetetive dance tracks into the early mornings while in an enhanced mental state...

My nieghbours bang on the wall
Old 28th January 2013, 08:08 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Trance / "Rave" doesn't bear the same "mass" of culture of people with harmony compared to the year 2000 and back "the golden age" when clubbers were involved with it from a cultured and "united" point of view.

Today, MDMA "ecstasy" is no longer the choice of stimulants used on a large scale maybe a few here and there (just a remembrance of things past), which of course formed the catalyst at these RAVE, psychedelic events uniting people. IMHO

Those days has passed (very fast might I add), and its really sad we in the age where toxic methamphetamine and twisted aggressive electronic music like "hard style" ect... stemming aggressive seeds nothing like we seen before, WARS and greedy governments are at the pinnacle of everything around us.

Watching expensive equipment being destroyed is not even the surface of the what's really happening around us.

Last edited by Reactance; 28th January 2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 28th January 2013, 08:50 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlong8 View Post
As I mentioned, in the past I have thrown electronic music renegade events and the group I worked with owned all our equipment. We didn't charge and we had nothing to do with any drugs that may have been exchanged at the event. Ecstasy use was not really that popular in our scene I might add.
-Matt
As someone who has also participated in throwing such events and threw a few of my own back in the day, I have to agree with Matt here. Especially with outdoor events, so much of the "dirt-raver" culture is about leaving the location better than you found it and neither white powder drugs nor alcohol were popular to say the least.

FWIW, the median age was also higher than you might expect. I would call it young adult culture more than youth culture. I'm sure the fact that we threw our events many miles out of town was part of the reason. I could go on for pages, but I won't, I just wanted to give Matt some support.

gs
Old 29th January 2013, 09:10 PM   #20
benb is offline benb  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm on the Wrong Coast, so I can't even imagine what wild things go on at the Burning Amp festival...

Hide this!Advertise here!