Small SMPSU Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ground the on-off pin, it needs a TTL Logic High to disable the device.

a switcher is a better idea than a resistive voltage divider -- the output is regulated so the device will work over a range of load conditions -- Nat Semi has the software for component values right on their website.

Nat Semi has provided a layout for a PCB -- switchers should always be built on a PCB with short, fat traces where the manufacturer recommends.

So I just ground this thing and it will stay off?? Oh yeah...I was thinking of copying the same design...shouldn't be too difficult...just a penknife and a scapel plus a magnifying glass would be ok...and then a check with a dmm...SMD protyping...but I wun be using SMD caps...just the IC itself...or should I go with the LM2575-5.0 which can carry up to an Ampere...hmmm...spoilt for choices here...

you can actually get an LM317 -- which everyone has in their junkbox -- to oscillate and use as a switcher. I have used the LM2574-5 -- one of the first "simple-switcher" chips from National in flyback converters. How much current does a Gameboy draw anyway? I have some of the LM2574's just sitting around collecting dust, so let me know...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.