MP3 Player Software?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yeah i know that mp3s are a poor source of audio, but I listen to them off my laptop when im on the run...so to make a long story short I have been using winamp for some time but the sound is lacking. No it is not due to the mp3 quality but the actual program. The funny thing is that it was my girl friend who pointed it out to me since she uses the program as well. I never really thought of it since it was MP3 format output through a crappy laptop head phone amp. But if you listen to a cd in winamp the coloration is still there, but if you listen to the mp3 or cd in another program the coloration is gone, so its a problem with winamps decoding process.

So the question is whats a good player that you guys will recommend? I would prefere a program with a interface like winamps and most of all would like it to be free ;)

thanks guys...

Ben,

great forum you all have got here, i have been reading through the forum learning up to perfect my crossovers for my seas P17RE/TV and Vifa D27SG-06 2-ways...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.