Advice for posting schematics - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th November 2012, 05:25 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Advice for posting schematics

I do not know what is the correct forums for this, so here I am.

I have seen, here and elsewhere, schematics posted as JPEG (jpg) files.

JPEG tends to blur pixels together. JPEG was designed to work well for photographic material - pics of people, of landscapes, of stuff that the mind's eye can fill in the fine points. This makes it difficult sometimes to distinguish "10nF" from "10mF" on highly compressed JPEG schematics.

Better for schematics are GIF and PNG files, because they do not blur pixels together: GIF & PNG tend to produce more readable technical drawings, including schematics.
Old 25th November 2012, 11:17 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerth View Post

Better for schematics are GIF and PNG files, because they do not blur pixels together: GIF & PNG tend to produce more readable technical drawings, including schematics.
I agree 100%.

If the image editor program asks questions about quality of the picture, adjust it to maximum, because usually the file will not be too big.
Old 25th November 2012, 12:13 PM   #3
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

I use irfanview.
It allows export in many file types/compressions.

I usually never remember which compression suits different types. So I usually export the same pic to the desktop, in 4 or 5 versions. Throw away the enormous files. Look at the smaller files and select the compression type that gives good legibility.

Then go to advanced - manage attachments - browse to DESKTOP - upload - close

Can Irfanview do pdf?

Hide this!Advertise here!