29 years old and hearing myself for the 1st time!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fanatic
Joined 2009
Paid Member
wear hearing protection at work.

Always do... I argued for better protection even, and got it, not helping. Tried using several different types of plugs, up to 36db ones, which I prefer. Take away a lot of the loudest ones, but there is some high freq hiss from the air pressure stuff that almost seem to get louder with plugs, covering the ears in adittion makes absolutely no difference.

Edit:
Almost starting to consider making a full body anti noise suit.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Very cool video, thanks for the link. At first I didn't get how she could understand the question asked of her (can you hear me?) if she had never heard speech. Then I realized she was reading lips. That's very clear in the second video.

Looking forward to her book, that's gotta be a trip. Sound for the 1st time at 29 years old. How do you make sense of it? Interesting too, that her voice is so good. How did she learn that?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks for the link. Yep, that must be how she learned. A little more digging finds that she had some hearing, but very little. She seems to have gotten a bit of a local Texas accent, which means she could probably hear a little. She was surprised to hear she had an accent.

Amazing things, these implants.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.