Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k power cables for ransom - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 5th November 2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Truth is offline Truth  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Angry Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k power cables for ransom

He is a reviewer for Stereo Times Magazine. I sent him many expensive power cables so he could review them. They also cost me $100 to ship them from Sweden to USA, they are very heavy, approx 20 lbs. I sent everything to him for free, he has not paid anything.

After two months he still refuses to send them back if I don't pay hundreds of dollars to him, claiming his old tubes died from my cable. Everyone I asked is saying it's not possible and he's trying to scam me.
I need someone who can pick-up these cables at Overland Park, KS 66085.

Last edited by Truth; 5th November 2012 at 03:02 PM.

Old 5th November 2012, 03:23 PM   #2
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

For $80,000, I would expect the generating station to be included.

Old 5th November 2012, 03:52 PM   #3
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Shouldn't this be tacked onto the original thread on the same topic? It would reduce the clutter on the forum.

I must confess that in a dispute between an expensive cable maker and an expensive cable reviewer I have great difficulty in deciding on which side my sympathies should lay.

Old 5th November 2012, 04:09 PM   #4
Truth is offline Truth  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
Shouldn't this be tacked onto the original thread on the same topic? It would reduce the clutter on the forum.
I would have, but that thread is locked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
I must confess that in a dispute between an expensive cable maker and an expensive cable reviewer I have great difficulty in deciding on which side my sympathies should lay.
Because of him, I need to go on welfare and sell all my furniture to feed my family. While he owns a luxury ranch.

Old 5th November 2012, 04:40 PM   #5
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

This one is as well. If you try to reopen or start the same thread again, it will be removed and you will be banned.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!