Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st October 2012, 01:57 PM   #1
bierkof is offline bierkof  Japan
diyAudio Member

Default MOTU 828 mk1 (original) inputs and output dead

Hello

It is unfortunate that my first post here is a cry for help but, these are the times of need my fellow engineers...

My motu 828 (MK1, the first one) has stopped working.
These are the symptoms:

1) I turn it on, the led's start glowing, and after this starting light show, only one led that indicates clock speed is on (this is normal so far)
2) windows recognizes it and i have drivers installed...
3) I can go into settings in windows and change the clock speed, the led on the front panel will change as well...
4) if i connect something to the input (guitar, ipad ) nothing happens, i can't hear anything and there is no indication on the front panel, or on my PC.
5) Can't get anything to play at the output as well...

I opened it, voltages seam ok at the OPamps, da/ad converters...

Does anyone have any idea or even better, circuit diagram, schematics of MOTU it would help me greatly...

OH, I also forgot to say that when any program (like guitar rig, or amplitube) starts to use it, some input leds flash every 3-5 sec. and i hear faint click or something on the speakers/headphones....

Sorry for the long post,
Any help is welcomed, before i start diggin' into this bastard with my oscilloscope probe...
Old 1st November 2012, 11:19 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

bierkof
i had the same experience with a unit like this good luck trying to get info or schematics on this unit the company's attitude towards service is send us your defective unit and you can purchase a refurbed unit at reasonable cost. i'd would recomend you look at replacing your unit with something else! protools perhaps

another frustrated MOTU (former) user

Hide this!Advertise here!