MOTU 828 mk1 (original) inputs and output dead

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

It is unfortunate that my first post here is a cry for help but, these are the times of need my fellow engineers...

My motu 828 (MK1, the first one) has stopped working.
These are the symptoms:

1) I turn it on, the led's start glowing, and after this starting light show, only one led that indicates clock speed is on (this is normal so far)
2) windows recognizes it and i have drivers installed...
3) I can go into settings in windows and change the clock speed, the led on the front panel will change as well...
4) if i connect something to the input (guitar, ipad ) nothing happens, i can't hear anything and there is no indication on the front panel, or on my PC.
5) Can't get anything to play at the output as well...

I opened it, voltages seam ok at the OPamps, da/ad converters...

Does anyone have any idea or even better, circuit diagram, schematics of MOTU it would help me greatly...

OH, I also forgot to say that when any program (like guitar rig, or amplitube) starts to use it, some input leds flash every 3-5 sec. and i hear faint click or something on the speakers/headphones....

Sorry for the long post,
Any help is welcomed, before i start diggin' into this bastard with my oscilloscope probe... :)

bierkof
i had the same experience with a unit like this good luck trying to get info or schematics on this unit the company's attitude towards service is send us your defective unit and you can purchase a refurbed unit at reasonable cost. i'd would recomend you look at replacing your unit with something else! protools perhaps

another frustrated MOTU (former) user

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.