VHF crystal-controlled "surveillance" transmitter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found the schematic on www.radio-circuits.com (BBG) and proceeded to build the unit. John S. Wilson Jr. designed this one. I assembled it using parts from Dan's Small Parts and Kits, Radio Shack, and ebay. It took about 4 evenings to finish. In addition to the schematic I added a 2.5mm jack for the mic, RG174 coax lead to an SMA connector for the antenna. The antenna is just a SMA male with a RG174 pigtail. The crystal is a 16Mhz unit from a local surplus store. The coils need to be hand wound but aren't too difficult. All seems to work well.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n204/emailpete/BBG-1.jpg?t=1351089630
BBG-#1.jpg

The circuit multiples the crystal freq 10x. John Wilson's notes say that he gets a 5x increase from Q3/4 and a x2 increase from Q5. The crystal is a 16Mhz and the final freq should be right at 160Mhz.

Here's his schematic. I added the parts directly onto it so it's easier when I build.

John's website is also at www.bugplan.com.

Attachments

• bbg.pdf
    568.2 KB · Views: 174
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.