Where has DIY on HT Guide gone? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd October 2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Ian J is offline Ian J  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Where has DIY on HT Guide gone?

I haven't been there for a while but had 'mission possible' bookmarked. Tried it tonight and couldn't find it - seems to have disappeared? Boardreader can see threads but I can't access any of them (though I don't have an account there). Is it members only, or have they stopped diy forums? If so can the archives be accessed?
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:52 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Ahhh - discovered why

A bit of searching other threads there reveals you need to have account to see 'speciality areas' such as DIY. But if you can't read a forum before you sign up how do you know it's any good - or even exists?
Old 28th October 2012, 12:27 AM   #3
Ephai is offline Ephai  United States
diyAudio Member

Heh, just noticed this today.. thanks for the explanation. I've got an account at HT Guide but I'm pretty sure you used to be able to see it without being signed in?
Old 29th October 2012, 01:31 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Yes, you definitely could see all forums without being signed in previously - I didnt have an account at all until now. The reason given is to encourage people not just to lurk but to participate -I'm thinking perhaps advertising revenue is related to number of account holders on a site...
Old 29th October 2012, 01:41 PM   #5
sreten is offline sreten  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi,

"Mission Possible" is not on this site, its here : HTGuide.com, and
they have changed their policy so now you need to log in to see it.

rgds, sreten.

Hide this!Advertise here!