92" TVs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nope.
The 57" JVC D-ILA picture is better than the Samsung 50" plasma at the new place. In fact it's better than the 40" RCA LED in the bedroom. The only thing it lacks is off angle viewing. Straight on, that's a great picture. I just wish the bulbs lasted longer or cost less. That's a killer.

We had a Samsung 50" DLP for almost 7 years. The bulbs lasted 8400 hrs and the second around 7000 and cost me $200 for the pair. The TV ran around 230 Watts to run. The LG LED LCD (Nov 2010) is brighter, clearer and higher resolution and does this on <80 Watts. I wouldn't ever mess with projectors again.

While it looks very good, I'm waiting for better technology, perhaps OLED but the Sony industrial version (PVM series) had DREADFUL gray scale and looked like a worn out CRT. The broadcast version (BVM series) is mush less bad but still not as good as a CRT. Mind you I do not ever want to have a CRT again.

Initially I thought the OP was referring to the Sharp 90" LED set and thought wow, somebody's got $10 Gs to play with.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.