sun distroying lasers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Haha lol. We hire and sell laser effect lights, strobe, black lights and dj equipment etc.... and we have an assortment of lasers hanging up near the window which gets about 7 hours off direct sun light a day. I don't know what sort of laser is in side but I think the cheap ones may be a laser diode like a laser pointer.

'Sun-destroying lasers' could be a report in a military technology magazine about the latest toy to emerge from certain Government research programs.

'Sun destroying lasers!' could be a tabloid newspaper report alerting us to the alarming prospect that some change in the Sun's nuclear machinery means that it now harms all our lasers so CD/DVD players etc. will all cease to work within the next few months unless we put the right magic crystals in the room to divert the Sun's bad influence.

What would a text reading robot make of it? And what would a text reading robot make of 'text reading robot'? How can a text read anything? Why should I send an SMS text message to the robot in Reading (Berkshire, UK)?

I had the pleasure to talk to the head of the IBM Watson project. He was very proud of their natural language parsing. I reminded him of an old Second City skit. Two guys were sitting on a park bench watching the world go by. For 5 minutes, the only thing said was "eh". Watching, you could follow the conversation exactly. I doubt any computer will ever be that smart. (I do happen to be a computer scientist)

I always wondered about the old movies where the great white hunter asked for his trusty elephant gun. Why would you want to shoot a trusty elephant?

'Sun destroying lasers!' could be a tabloid newspaper report alerting us to the alarming prospect that some change in the Sun's nuclear machinery means that it now harms all our lasers so CD/DVD players etc. will all cease to work within the next few months unless we put the right magic crystals in the room to divert the Sun's bad influence.
We could only hope. Bring back LPs! :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.