diysoundgroup.com order trouble - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2012, 01:33 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default diysoundgroup.com order trouble

Has anyone else had positive/negative experiences with diysoundgroup.com? I placed an order with them 11days ago and the only email I received was confirming payment. It said they'd email me when the order shipped but I've heard nothing. I've sent them at least 3 emails in the past few days and they are not replying.

I'm under the impression that place is run by 1 or 2 guys and they have day jobs... that's cool, I can understand that. But I have a limited amount of time to dispute the charge with paypal. I'm not really sure what to do about this situation. I think that, if I haven't heard anything by mid-week I'm going to have to dispute it.
Old 17th September 2012, 03:45 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemopps View Post
I'm under the impression that place is run by 1 or 2 guys and they have day jobs...
Yes, that's the case. And Erich just wrapped up a very large landscaping job so he's back at it just now. Stuff will be shipping again probably today. He's very reliable.

You have 45 days to dispute I believe. No need to panic.
Old 17th September 2012, 03:48 PM   #3
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Thanks for updating us R.
Old 17th September 2012, 04:21 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

That's good to know. Thanks for the update. As long as it gets shipped out sometime this week I'll not worry.
Old 17th September 2012, 06:27 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I just heard from Erich. Some orders are going out today, more later this week. All is good.
Old 17th September 2012, 06:31 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Old 17th September 2012, 08:20 PM   #7
Scaper is offline Scaper  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm currently helping with all the group buys on that site in my spare time after work. The past 2 weeks have been very busy for me. Normally I get things boxed up pretty fast in just a few days if all goes well. But as mentioned on the website, sometimes orders will take longer if I get busy at work (I run a landscaping business), or if Parts Express happens to be out of a part that the kit needs.

All of this information is better known on the AVS forum where all the group buy projects started. Things went pretty smooth because people contacted me there to let me know if they wanted to get in on whatever group buy I was helping with. The problem is that as I helped with more projects, it was a little harder to track.

So someone helped me set up the website. It's nice, but it now looks like a store and some people don't realize it's just one person helping out and boxing things up for free in their spare time. In the past year I think I've boxed up over 1600 packages and maybe 3-4 people worried about their order.

Because of the large number of speaker kits that are coming at near cost, things will be changing. I'll probably have to hire a part time helper, or maybe get my sister or friend to help out.

Right now I just work through the list as fast as I can and it goes pretty good unless there's a capacitor out of stock or something like that. It's hard to keep up with all the emails because sometimes I get 40+ per day. So if I answered every one of them, I would never have the time to package up what people ordered.

There are big changes coming to get a LOT more items out to the DIY Community faster. But it's going to be about 1 month from now. Right now I'm getting all of that set up to run smoother along with a forum member helping with the new site layout. Keep an eye open for some very interesting speaker kits in the near future.

Last edited by Scaper; 17th September 2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 17th September 2012, 08:33 PM   #8
ra7 is offline ra7  United States
diyAudio Member

Erich is a stand up guys. I doubt you'll have any issues.

Hide this!Advertise here!