DIY New Vintage Stereo console

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm new to this forum and I'm glad I'm not the only one who still appreciates the vintage consoles. I grew up on them in the 70's and 80's. My father and Mother had one of those huge Zenith units that they used to play 70's Soul, jazz and Salsa/Mambo. Every time I hear old Al Green or traditional Jazz music on the radio, I think about my musical childhood. I've recently been on a "Vintage kick" (As my brother calls it). I wanted a "House Stereo" like the kind I grew up on. I found a 70's Sanyo receiver at a yard sale and I built a stereo console with isolated speakers around it. The music is driven from an iPad loaded with nothing but music before 1988. New technology with a vintage look and sound. After 3 weeks of researching, 2 weeks of designing and 5 days of building around the clock. This is what I came up with. A Japanavian retro design. (Japanese Scandinavian).

Attachments

• 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 117
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.