eject problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi there i have a radius 1000 and citronic mpcd s6 they both have the same cd drives the lasers want so i replaced them but on 1 of the players it dont eject inless u tap the top of cd drive they are slot cd drives 1 that suck the disc in any ideas how to fix it ? many thanks shaun

Last edited:
u mean this 1

256fibm.jpg

many thanks shaun

If you remove the belt you may be able to operate the mechanism by turning the pulley. That will enable you to feel if the mechanism is sticking, and observe where.

Cleaning and appropriate lubrication may help, especially on sliding parts and cams. Use only 100% synthetic grease, very sparingly. Thoroughly wash the belt with soap and water, rinse and dry. Clean pulleys...string is good for this if you have some handy.

Could be electrical...if you eject with the belt off does the motor spin OK?

I have the same problem with my American Audio Velocity. CD-1 will not load or eject cd's without numerous trys when loading and using a small screwdriver to slight manipulate the cd to eject. This is SLOT load also NOT tray load. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Blessings to all

Thank you for the response Gajanan. Did you have to replace the rollers or were you able to improvise with a fix that did not cost you an arm and a leg. It seems like a simple problem.I was hoping I could just do some cleaning of the cd slot and the mechanical parts to resolve the problem. Thanks again for the advise.

Glenn

The rubber on the steel rod becomes soft. If there is some product available by which u redo the rubber on the roller.

Here nothing is available for such repairs. I used the drive till I could and then used an external USB drive. Few days back, the MAC died and I now have a DELL.

Gajanan Phadte

i think there is a easy fix when 1 of players 1st went wrong i got it repair new lazer and fixed the eject problem but cost me £80 but im looking to lean how to do it my self because most the slot cd players have the same problem i have leant how to change the lazer motors that spin cd etc i have email the guy asking how he did but no reply lool im going to try the thing in the replys on page 1 when i get the time and report back

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.