Looking for a project with car speakers ( DLS C6 ) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th August 2012, 05:25 PM   #1
Trileru is offline Trileru  Romania
diyAudio Member

Default Looking for a project with car speakers ( DLS C6 )

Hello all. I decided to replace with OEM speakers when I sold my car so I have a DLS C6 set that is gathering dust. I would make a fun little project with an Apple dock for iPod/iPhone or ... anything that would not be large. Looking to make a 2x60W amp on the cheap, something that sounds decent. I have the 2 speakers, 2 tweeters and the filters. I attached the details for this set that I have and maybe you can point me in the right direction. So far I am thinking at a single box with everything in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg specc6.jpg (485.8 KB, 27 views)
Old 19th August 2012, 06:25 PM   #2
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

You are certifiably within the range of as GAINCLONE or a kit switching amp. You did not say if you wanted to make it portable or table.

Anyway, a few spec sheets is only a place to start in designing a speaker, You need to measure the acoustics as well as the electrics. Car speakers are usually designed for IB, so very stiff suspension. That means giant box. In a car, they have no need for BSC. So, if you don't have all those tools, throw them in whatever box you have and see what happens.

The right direction is to e-bay those things and pick something more appropriate. But of course, you don't get any fun or learn anything that way. So quit asking and start building. Then you will find out that a first order crossover is useless even in a car.
Old 19th August 2012, 06:47 PM   #3
Trileru is offline Trileru  Romania
diyAudio Member

Hehe thank you. I have a pair of Fostex FE206En waiting for Dallas II enclosure, and a el84 tube amp waiting to be put into a case along with remade opt's from C-cores. But that's for the winter right now I wanted a noise box that's not too large. Trying to kill some time until some tools for my bike arrive so I can continue with the restoration
I will put them for sale just in case. If not then I'll find something to do with them.

Hide this!Advertise here!