How to make a proper thread?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Osvaldo , you mean Crotone , not Cotrone , right ?
It was founded by some Greeks and was an important city
in that area in the past . As Wiki reports ,
' Kroton was also famous for its doctors , among them the well known
:confused::confused: Democède , friend of Pitagora , and Alcmeone , who
introduced the experimentation into medicine , bringing it to the status of
science instead of magics and superstition .
Pitagora , born in Samos in 572 bc , lived in Kroton from about 530 bc ,
by his friend Democède , and founded a school for mathematics , science and
music '
:)

The DIYaudio forums automatically resize images to fit on your screen, or at least for me, if I link to a large image, it appears a reasonable size in the thread, but then I've got the option to click on it, where the browser then blows it up to the full resolution.

Am I the only one who would prefer people post 1600*1200+resolution images? And do other people have problems with images appearing too large in the DIYaudio forums?

Granted you don't need images that large, most of the time, when posting graphs and the like, but you can easily get away with gifs for those, ie they keep the file size down but the resolution high.

It's a bit like power with amplifiers, it's always better to have too much then too little, it really annoys me when someone posts a picture of some fabulous DIY project, but posts pictures that aren't large enough for you to be able to zoom in and make out the small details. It also annoys me when someone posts a really large image, yet it's out of focus! Large images are great if they are well taken.

As an example (just to see if this actually works) here is a very large image that I've attached.

attachment.php

Now to me DIYaudio has automatically re-scaled this to fit on the screen comfortably, but I can click on it to make it huge if I want (and open in a new tab/window to make it collosal).

Edit - I did need to refresh the page to get it to re-scale, but I think this has more to do with the fact that I posted the reply. But if it re-scales for everyone then surely there isn't a problem with posting large images?

Attachments

• IMG_2439.jpg
    IMG_2439.jpg
    698.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
As an example (just to see if this actually works) here is a very large image that I've attached.

Now to me DIYaudio has automatically re-scaled this to fit on the screen comfortably, but I can click on it to make it huge if I want (and open in a new tab/window to make it collosal).

Edit - I did need to refresh the page to get it to re-scale, but I think this has more to do with the fact that I posted the reply. But if it re-scales for everyone then surely there isn't a problem with posting large images?

Your image worked well for me with IE9 but it may depend upon the browser.

It worked well for me on the desktop PC running Firefox and it also worked on the Tablet running Google Chrome.

I didn't do anything special to make it work, all I did was upload the picture to DIYaudio via the attach feature. I then opened the attachment in a new window, copied the URL then popped it inside the standard tags by clicking on the button provided by the DIYaudio website.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.