How to make a proper thread? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th August 2012, 12:41 AM   #21
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

My car is red, but alas only has 4 cylinders, not 12, in the motor. And Mr.Ferrari dresses better than I do.
Old 11th August 2012, 01:06 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Osvaldo , you mean Crotone , not Cotrone , right ?
It was founded by some Greeks and was an important city
in that area in the past . As Wiki reports ,
' Kroton was also famous for its doctors , among them the well known
Democède , friend of Pitagora , and Alcmeone , who
introduced the experimentation into medicine , bringing it to the status of
science instead of magics and superstition .
Pitagora , born in Samos in 572 bc , lived in Kroton from about 530 bc ,
by his friend Democède , and founded a school for mathematics , science and
music '
Old 13th August 2012, 01:15 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Location: Barrio Garay,Almirante Brown, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pico: surely you are true, I always confuse the name of such city, as I get know, sometime ago these city modified its name, and in the photocopy send from the local consulate when I get the CE passport, in it figures as Cotrone. But I can be wrong.

Many thanks for the correction.
Salutti per tutti!
Old 13th August 2012, 04:17 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

The DIYaudio forums automatically resize images to fit on your screen, or at least for me, if I link to a large image, it appears a reasonable size in the thread, but then I've got the option to click on it, where the browser then blows it up to the full resolution.

Am I the only one who would prefer people post 1600*1200+resolution images? And do other people have problems with images appearing too large in the DIYaudio forums?

Granted you don't need images that large, most of the time, when posting graphs and the like, but you can easily get away with gifs for those, ie they keep the file size down but the resolution high.

It's a bit like power with amplifiers, it's always better to have too much then too little, it really annoys me when someone posts a picture of some fabulous DIY project, but posts pictures that aren't large enough for you to be able to zoom in and make out the small details. It also annoys me when someone posts a really large image, yet it's out of focus! Large images are great if they are well taken.
Old 13th August 2012, 04:22 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

As an example (just to see if this actually works) here is a very large image that I've attached.

Click the image to open in full size.

Now to me DIYaudio has automatically re-scaled this to fit on the screen comfortably, but I can click on it to make it huge if I want (and open in a new tab/window to make it collosal).

Edit - I did need to refresh the page to get it to re-scale, but I think this has more to do with the fact that I posted the reply. But if it re-scales for everyone then surely there isn't a problem with posting large images?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2439.jpg (698.9 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by 5th element; 13th August 2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 13th August 2012, 05:17 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Thanks for your reply, but actually I can't understand how did you do to post two images in different sizes?. Did you make the size conversion inside the thread or using external tools?

Thank you.
Old 13th August 2012, 06:31 PM   #27
Lavcat is offline Lavcat  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th element View Post
As an example (just to see if this actually works) here is a very large image that I've attached.

Now to me DIYaudio has automatically re-scaled this to fit on the screen comfortably, but I can click on it to make it huge if I want (and open in a new tab/window to make it collosal).

Edit - I did need to refresh the page to get it to re-scale, but I think this has more to do with the fact that I posted the reply. But if it re-scales for everyone then surely there isn't a problem with posting large images?
Your image worked well for me with IE9 but it may depend upon the browser.
Old 13th August 2012, 07:41 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

It worked well for me on the desktop PC running Firefox and it also worked on the Tablet running Google Chrome.

I didn't do anything special to make it work, all I did was upload the picture to DIYaudio via the attach feature. I then opened the attachment in a new window, copied the URL then popped it inside the standard [IMG][/IMG] tags by clicking on the button provided by the DIYaudio website.
Old 13th August 2012, 07:47 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

OK, thank you.

Regards.
Old 5th September 2012, 04:52 PM   #30
riche51 is offline riche51  India
diyAudio Member

hi, just stopped by, to suggest you a forum friendly website deffe.com , in here you can have an option to re size manually ,or just upload your picture normally on to the website where the picture is re-sized automatically

Hide this!Advertise here!