Schumann Resonator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys! After a morning of googling i've decided to realize a Schumann Resonator. Frequency is within 7.81Hz-7.85Hz. If anyone interested i'll post schematic and board

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 341
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 330
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 315
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 314
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 307
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 142
attached follow schematic and pcb traces.

be warned! the two black trafos are a pair of custom eagle part i've made from a stock (0.01€/piece) so it's difficult to find. any supply with at leat 15vdc-0.5A out will be ok.

Attachments

• schumann_resonator.jpg
    schumann_resonator.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 217
  • schumann_resonator.pdf
    12.8 KB · Views: 124
here's the coil pcb! made with a 10x12 (cm) board.

remember that the circuit is an high power version... it can easily sustain a large house with more than one floor.

searching on the web i saw only version supplied with 5Vdc... this one is 12Vdc supplied
(obviously the output power can be adjusted)

in italy is saturday night so... no sleep until 5 a.m. :D

Attachments

• antenna2.pdf
    8.7 KB · Views: 166
so i'm just came back from beach... my parents said: "we sleeped unusually well"... so i think this device isn't a fake!

about listen some music: more relax = more enjoying listening some music (at least i think it's so)

now some measurement about the pcb coil:
7.6ohm resistance
16uH inductance

the frequency measured after 24 hour of usage is changed (cause of temperature) to 7.86Hz so i adjusted the trimmer to obtain 7.83Hz

with this correction works at 7.83Hz during normal operation

other measurements and some calculations:

supplied with 12Vdc we obtain 8.48Vrms
the frequency 7.83Hz
the total resistance (coil + 100ohm resistor) is 107.6ohm
the inductance 16uH

we can now calculate current e output power:

I = Vrms / res = 8.48 / 107.6 = 78.9mA
P = Z * I^2 = 2 * pi * H * F * I^2 = 6.28 * 16 * 10^(-6) * 7.83 * 0.0789^2 = 5uW

this is a low output power, i expected to obtain at least 10mW. maybe i've calculated wrong?

any suggestions appreciated

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.