BBC World Service Studio Sell Off

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow, so the BBC are finally quitting Bush House? - this is a treasure trove!
I worked there in the mid-90's and remember most of the gear listed.

The Studer D730 CD player was a fantastic piece of kit, with it's oddball wedge shape. I'd grab one if I was still in the UK!!

Lots of Rogers and Harbeth speakers up for grabs - drool!

Funny how things have moved on.. Back in the day I was a technician and used to align the reel-to-reel tape machines. Mini-disc had just come in and I remember seeing my first MP3 recorder/player there - made by Nagra, and cost about 3 grand I think! The EMT record players were built like a tank. No wonder they're still in demand today.

Anyway, thanks for the nostalgia, and let us know what you get!

-Len.

So much for my hope of getting a bargain. Prices are climbing rapidly. :sad:

As far as shipping/collection goes. here's the information form the auction site:
REMOVAL:
N.B. GOODS MAY ONLY BE COLLECTED AFTER CLEARED FUNDS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED AND ON PRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL COLLECTION NOTE.
Clearance: All lots must be removed by 12.00Noon Friday 10th August 2012. Due to the nature of the site, lots must be removed by prior appointment only (at least 24 hours notice - Tel: 01778 590111). Dates for clearance are Weekdays only (Excluding Bank Holidays). Times for clearance are 9.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.30am to 12.00Noon Friday. Where relevant risk assessments, method statements, removal plans, timing details, etc. must be supplied to the Auctioneers for their approval prior to any work commencing on site. Where removal of equipment involves structural work "making good" will be the purchasers responsibility (BTMG). Please Note: Certain items may have to be removed by approved contractors only.
Loading: All Lots are deemed to be purchased 'where they are situated' and in 'the condition as viewed'. All Preparation / Dismantling / Slinging / Lifting / Transportation etc. of the equipment is the exclusive responsibility of the purchaser.
Personnel / Equipment: All personnel intending to operate lifting / moving equipment on site must first produce to the Peaker Pattinson supervisor - current operating licenses - current equipment certificates and proof of all relevant insurances. They will be expected to work to The Vendors, Peaker Pattinson (Auctioneers) Ltd and current Health & safety regulations and may be ordered off the site at any time for breach of these regulations.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.