BBC World Service Studio Sell Off - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th July 2012, 10:14 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default BBC World Service Studio Sell Off

Heads up guys.. The BBC World Service is selling off bits from its old Studio site.. Grab yourself a bargain (whole studio if you want)www.ppauctions.com
Old 14th July 2012, 11:35 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Wow, so the BBC are finally quitting Bush House? - this is a treasure trove!
I worked there in the mid-90's and remember most of the gear listed.

The Studer D730 CD player was a fantastic piece of kit, with it's oddball wedge shape. I'd grab one if I was still in the UK!!

Lots of Rogers and Harbeth speakers up for grabs - drool!

Funny how things have moved on.. Back in the day I was a technician and used to align the reel-to-reel tape machines. Mini-disc had just come in and I remember seeing my first MP3 recorder/player there - made by Nagra, and cost about 3 grand I think! The EMT record players were built like a tank. No wonder they're still in demand today.

Anyway, thanks for the nostalgia, and let us know what you get!

-Len.
Old 14th July 2012, 12:33 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Glad to have taken you back.. ill see what i can get my hands on.
Old 14th July 2012, 12:34 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

cracking! Knowing my luck it will be gone by the time i bid.
Old 14th July 2012, 01:10 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

some cool stuff in there! never seen those Preco F500 reel to reel decks and never knew Keith Monks made speakers LOL!
Old 14th July 2012, 01:56 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I wonder if they would ship stuff? No info on that I could see on the site.
Or would it strictly be collect in person?

jan didden
Old 14th July 2012, 02:03 PM   #7
kimon is offline kimon  Greece
diyAudio Member

I wonder too...
Old 14th July 2012, 03:09 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Hey guys in the local press they did say that there was international interest from as far as China. So I have shipping is available. I will try and find out.
Old 16th July 2012, 02:25 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

So much for my hope of getting a bargain. Prices are climbing rapidly.

As far as shipping/collection goes. here's the information form the auction site:
Quote:
REMOVAL:
N.B. GOODS MAY ONLY BE COLLECTED AFTER CLEARED FUNDS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED AND ON PRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL COLLECTION NOTE.
Clearance: All lots must be removed by 12.00Noon Friday 10th August 2012. Due to the nature of the site, lots must be removed by prior appointment only (at least 24 hours notice - Tel: 01778 590111). Dates for clearance are Weekdays only (Excluding Bank Holidays). Times for clearance are 9.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.30am to 12.00Noon Friday. Where relevant risk assessments, method statements, removal plans, timing details, etc. must be supplied to the Auctioneers for their approval prior to any work commencing on site. Where removal of equipment involves structural work "making good" will be the purchasers responsibility (BTMG). Please Note: Certain items may have to be removed by approved contractors only.
Loading: All Lots are deemed to be purchased 'where they are situated' and in 'the condition as viewed'. All Preparation / Dismantling / Slinging / Lifting / Transportation etc. of the equipment is the exclusive responsibility of the purchaser.
Personnel / Equipment: All personnel intending to operate lifting / moving equipment on site must first produce to the Peaker Pattinson supervisor - current operating licenses - current equipment certificates and proof of all relevant insurances. They will be expected to work to The Vendors, Peaker Pattinson (Auctioneers) Ltd and current Health & safety regulations and may be ordered off the site at any time for breach of these regulations.
Old 16th July 2012, 03:45 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

I just want to know how to get an old K6 phone booth over here! Hey, it's audio.

Hide this!Advertise here!