Retro fit; in-wall speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Seeking recommendations for exterior in-wall speakers. Due to the need for a continuous, sealed vapor barrier, these units would need to be designed with an enclosure that could be installed during the framing stage of the home (2x6 exterior walls). Or...is there a retro fit type of assembly.

Proper speaker design important considering sound quality with this type of application.

Thanks for letting me know if you've come across a nice sounding product.

Ceiling mounts are not desired.

Do they really need to mount in the wall? As opposed to bracket mount up under the eaves or sitting in the bushes? One assumes this is for background music or listening to sports?

They make outdoor speakers that look like big rocks. Do a search at Parts Express for Outdoor Speakers and see a bunch of them. There are some in granite ($$$) and others in resin, plus plain old garden enclosures, all under garden speakers. Patio speakers hang from brackets on the wall. And there is a large selection of them too. All these products are made for outdoor use.

Hi Enzo,
Thanks for your reply. I'm interested in finding interior "in wall" applications. My comment about "exterior" meant that these speakers may be placed on the exterior wall of the home, not outside. I sure could have chosen better words that would have made this much clearer. Do appreciate your comments!
Kindest,
Marko

Oh... that's very different. Well, um, you could put a couple of those "rock" speakers in the room and...

OK, what you are looking for are "architectural speakers". Google that. Many hits.

Also, visit Parts Express and search "in-wall speakers." They have a selection.

Thgose two search terms ought to cover you.

I suspect someone has an installation guide that would be informative.

I recall when I first saw subwoofers that way. The thing mounts under the floor between joists, and the sound comes out a common vent like in any HVAC system. Looks like the furnace outlet, but it is really the speaker. Look up in-floor subwoofer if you are interested.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.