RTA schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very nice Quan. Would be nice if you could make these of others ;)
I would be in for one even if it was just a kit. Whats the $$ look like for just parts?

parts alone (incl PCB's) is in the $330 range. I had some of the parts in stock though so I spent less. I'll be posting more pics once the chassis is completed.

I don't think I want to go through a project like this again. once is enough :p

There really should be a separate forum here for audio related test equipment!

The OP did not state the type of RTA needed, so here is my minimalist fave:

Attachments

• RTA10Band.jpg
    RTA10Band.jpg
    879 KB · Views: 54
There really should be a separate forum here for audio related test equipment!

The OP did not state the type of RTA needed, so here is my minimalist fave:

I was originally planning to do it that way (but multiplexed 4x 8ch mux = 32 bands) back in college when I had more time than money but it never happened. Then, when I started work, I had the budget and decided it would be "quicker" to just "mass produce" the individual filter and LED drivers. :D

djQ: Would you share the schematic with us?

The filters in the Rane RA27 (in post #11) are not likely to come close to the IEC 225 or DIN 45 652 specs to meet the requirements of a filter for a 1/3 octave RTA. The Ivie IE-30 I used to own had 4 opamp sections each filter, propably in a biquad configuration.

Just for fun I decided to do up a pc board for the circuit in post 12 (1/3rd done) and will post Gerber files and partslist if there is an interest. E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.