Need Service Manual for Accuphase E-203

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an old Accuphase integrated amplifier, E-203, with some problems. I would like to fix it myself.

Basically, The Preamp and poweramp section appear to be functioning, however, only with the tape inputs (1 or 2), when any of the 4 sources is selected, the volume with one of the channel may be intermittence and low, or completely no sound from both channels at all.

When the Loudness Compenstor is selected, the woofers of my speakers will wobble noticeably together with a perceived better bass. I do not know if this is alright.

I have searched the web, I cannot find any service information or service manual for this amplifier. I hope someone with the service manual could photocopy or scan a set for me; or point me to a source for the manual. I am willing a pay a little for the manual.

Thanks
SW Yeo

Do you have a digital camera? I bet we can help you fix your problem this way.

Accuphase service manuals normally are hard to get, they make them available to their distributors only which in turn won't disclose them to anyone else. Up to now I've only seen copies of service manuals of the first series from '78 on the net (ebay): E-201, P-300 and C-200.

From your description, the compensator switch seems to operate as intended (rising the level of lower frequencies when volume is turned down).

BTW, I received the FETs from Schuro yesterday. Your package is already on its way.

Browsing through some old mail, I remembered that a forum member contacted me with a similar problem with his E-203.

One of the channels showed DC offset and decreased gain from time to time. This could be tracked down to a defective STK-3082. If I learned anything from doing repairs, than it is that STKs are evil. Never expected to stumble across one of them in an Accuphase. Even if it is their smallest integrated.

I suggest you try tapping the STK-3082 while playing music and see if anything changes. If not, it is more likely a relay / switch / pot / connector problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.