censored product reviews on "monoprice" - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th May 2012, 07:50 PM   #11
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Always useful to hear both sides of a story!
Old 6th May 2012, 08:02 PM   #12
JoeDJ is offline JoeDJ  United States
diyAudio Member

It should be pointed out that the "communications process" Monoprice spoke of were not via e-mail as they did not answerer them.

The comunications were replys back and forth within the unpublished review. By his own admission in his post, by doing so a poster often changes their review. The review that was publish does not contain any of the their replies to the review. However, I never expected them to be included and I'm fine with that.
I should also point out the the review discussed a known product flaw with the connectors also pointed out by some others. So, what was to be resolved or what was I to change??

Quote:
.....During this communication process, the review is put on hold until the issue is resolved. However, once everything is documented and the process is finished, the review is posted unless the customer says he/she no longer wants it posted. ........

Last edited by JoeDJ; 6th May 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 24th May 2012, 06:36 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

I can confirm what JoeDJ was talking about.

Monoprice even went as far as changing my original rating for the product I was reviewing.

Shot them an e-mail, so lets see what all that is about.
Old 15th September 2012, 12:19 AM   #14
tdaniel is offline tdaniel  United States
diyAudio Member

I have seen negative reviews on Monoprice. I was somewhat suspect of a pair of headphones they were selling (quite low in price), since no one had anything bad to say about them. But I looked around, saw some negatives here and there, went out on the limb and ordered them. Know what? Can't find anything bad to say about them. I think it entirely possible Monoprice's response here is accurate. I have been ordering from them for four or five years now and have no complaints.

BTW, I found this thread searching for threads on the headphones (Monoprice branded) that I just bought (I'm going to post a review). They were 23 bucks, and are just flat remarkable. I'll put them up against almost anything under a $150. See my review. I also picked up a Monoprice branded 7 port USB hub for 11 dollars. So far, it beats the stuffing out of a Rosewill that started dying almost as soon as I plugged it in AND costs more. HDD throughput is quite good.

They also offer branded graphics tablets for amazing prices that are receiving very good reviews. I believe the reviews.

I'm not here to pimp Monoprice. They just seem to be a best cost supplier. Works for me.

Hide this!Advertise here!