Ziplex Resonators...really? $2,600, really? - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd May 2012, 07:39 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

I love the idea of a magnet that clamps around the tube to "center" the electron flow...this could be easy to make and as far as I know, doesnt exist at the moment....why not a magnetized tube damper made from, of course, rare earth magnets (standard ceramic types might impart a haze to the image).

I am going to build a pair for my gain stage of my 300B, withn a few days I will scientifically notate my objective subjective findings here for the scientifically minded folk around here.

I can already tell this will work....
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:04 PM   #42
M Gregg is offline M Gregg  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillerdoc View Post
I love the idea of a magnet that clamps around the tube to "center" the electron flow...this could be easy to make and as far as I know, doesnt exist at the moment....why not a magnetized tube damper made from, of course, rare earth magnets (standard ceramic types might impart a haze to the image).

I am going to build a pair for my gain stage of my 300B, withn a few days I will scientifically notate my objective subjective findings here for the scientifically minded folk around here.

I can already tell this will work....
Well,

Its at your own risk..I guess it could magnetize the anode plate of a tube and could stuff it...it will move(push/pull) the electron flow...so this is probably why you haven't seen one......(I was joking!)

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited by M Gregg; 2nd May 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 2nd May 2012, 11:12 PM   #43
Illusus is offline Illusus  Canada
diyAudio Member

I'm emotionally confused. I don't know whether I should be angry at the stupidity of gullible man, angry at the loose morals of purveyors of BS who profit from it, or impressed by it all. Either way it's damn funny. Every time one of these scams surfaces I'm surprised again; maybe I'm the stupid one.

How can people with skills to make enough disposable money to afford such trinkets be parted from it so easily?

...and that review is criminal.
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:06 AM   #44
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

How about some kind of bass concentrator built to the same proportions as the pyramid at Cheops?
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:10 AM   #45
djQUAN is offline djQUAN  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to djQUAN Send a message via Yahoo to djQUAN
Quote:
why not a magnetized tube damper made from, of course, rare earth magnets (standard ceramic types might impart a haze to the image).
No, it should be alnico.
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:52 AM   #46
wwenze is offline wwenze  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Well, if you don't get angry at the wine industry, you shouldn't be at the "audiophile" industry. Or should I say "audio-"tech"-phile" industry.
Old 3rd May 2012, 01:08 AM   #47
diyAudio Member

Ok, alnico it is....
Old 3rd May 2012, 01:12 AM   #48
diyAudio Member

I think the collective idea should include Pyramids. Maybe filled with Quartz or whatever rock rich hippys think does something currently.

On topic:
I still can't fathom why someone would want a multi harmonic bell in the listening room. It's beyond bone-headed.
Old 3rd May 2012, 01:15 AM   #49
diyAudio Member

I've got it!!!. A crystal pyramid harmonizer filled with quarts sand to damp unwanted resonances. (Patent pending )
Old 3rd May 2012, 01:21 AM   #50
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Ok, alnico it is....
You could make a pyramid shaped one and make it rest on top of the tubes. You know, to focus the energies.

The positive side of the magnet should point down to increase the "positive" energy of the music.

I'm go'in to hell for that one.

Last edited by revboden; 3rd May 2012 at 01:23 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!