Ziplex Resonators...really? $2,600, really? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st May 2012, 08:05 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to DigitalJunkie
Audiophools will buy anything,for any price.

I could sell a literal bag of bull*hit as a magical music device...probably for several thousand dollars each.
Old 1st May 2012, 08:23 AM   #22
M Gregg is offline M Gregg  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalJunkie View Post
Audiophools will buy anything,for any price.

I could sell a literal bag of bull*hit as a magical music device...probably for several thousand dollars each.
I think there is a definate link to money...as in the more it costs then it must be good if it was low priced it woudn't get a second look,...I also think that most people that like audio want that " i'm there" feeling...I have experienced this on very few occasions.

Its interesting that this kind of thing still draws peoples interest...And this still makes me feel HIFI has been marching on the spot for many years..ie Still trying to get "I'm their"...its interesting that a while ago you could find a local HIFI dealer and listen to good equipment (Many have never listened to "Good equipment") how can you judge if you have never experienced it?...it was "main stream" now you have to search for venues..the local HIFI conventions that used to happen seem long gone...

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited by M Gregg; 1st May 2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 1st May 2012, 10:34 AM   #23
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

In the dim distant past LOL meant 'lots of love'. It took me a while to become accustomed to the new meaning. Yes, I agree it is overused. It should only be used (when texting) when someone really did LOL and it is desired to report this. On here an appropriate smiley might be better.
Old 1st May 2012, 11:18 AM   #24
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

What cracked me up was the first line of the Stereo Times review.
Old 1st May 2012, 11:25 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
What cracked me up was the first line of the Stereo Times review.

thanks Stu...like I needed to go back to read that dumb article...but yes...that cracked me up too.
Old 1st May 2012, 11:31 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Why do audio 'enhancements' always seem to come from magical far-off places like Tibet which (pure coincidence, I'm sure) were on the hippy trail? When is an 'enhancement' going to come from Middlesborough or Slough (to pick, entirely at random, two excellent UK towns)?
Old 1st May 2012, 11:48 AM   #27
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Dave, think Belt. The common theme is the story- Tibet makes the storytelling easier, but a truly clever fraud can weave his tale from even the most quotidian threads. I suppose that's what annoys me the most, when a fraud can't even come up with an original story.
Old 1st May 2012, 09:34 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
In the dim distant past LOL meant 'lots of love'. It took me a while to become accustomed to the new meaning. Yes, I agree it is overused. It should only be used (when texting) when someone really did LOL and it is desired to report this. On here an appropriate smiley might be better.
Aha!, a kindred spirit, or equally grumpy old sod!

LOL, oh sh!t, didn't mean that.
Old 1st May 2012, 09:45 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

I especially enjoy the reviews that describe the weird and not so wonderful break in process.

Such as (made up example) : For the 1st 100 hours they sound awful, then after this initial run in period they sound wonderful, then they get worse again for 30 hours or so, then slowly after 200 hours heavy use EUREKA!, they sound just right.

Presuming this is not the reviewer adjusting to the speakers, why would these reviewers presume these apparently highly elastic mechanical parameters would suddenly settle down and neatly produce a highly recommendable product?
Old 1st May 2012, 09:51 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

I think you are meant to be impressed by the fine discrimination of the reviewer's ears and the details of his lab note-taking. Are these hours elapsed time, listening time or equipment operating time?

Hide this!Advertise here!