My TV solution for Technology free Room - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd October 2003, 10:57 AM   #1
Mesh is offline Mesh  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default My TV solution for Technology free Room

I understand that there is no DIY in this project but please read on...

We have a room in our house (suppose to be Kid free...) that I didnt want to clutter up with TV's and HIFI ( thats stuffs in 3 other rooms!). My solution for TV was to mount a LCD screen on the wall and atempt to disguise it with a picture frame, the results can be seem in the Pics. Ive just come back from the US 2 weeks ago and was amazed at the qantity and price of commercial LCD TV's. Before you say "why didnt you just buy a LCD TV?" - My LCD TV has been in operation for more that 2 years!. - LCD TV's were rare in Australia then. Behind the wooden box is a VCR mounted on the wall ( Tape Hole pointing up). When you come into this room, the electronics is not obvious. The reaction from my friends has been very positive!. What do you guys think? Could you see this idea work for you?

BTW: the final stage is the building of a Gain Clone in a case that has a high WAF -ill post some pics when finish. Im going to use inwall speakers and paint then the same colour as the walls.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (33.0 KB, 111 views)
Old 3rd October 2003, 10:58 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

2nd pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (30.9 KB, 105 views)
Old 3rd October 2003, 11:08 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

last pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (23.7 KB, 103 views)
Old 3rd October 2003, 03:06 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

The Gainclone will be easily disguised, as you well know. I pondered doing one in some sort of clock so even the volume control would be practically invisible. I think a variant on the flowerpot can also be easily achieved.

I like your idea on the LCD and hope other contribute unique 'invisible technology' ideas as well.

Sandy.
Old 3rd October 2003, 11:19 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks for your comments Sandy

The Gain Clone is probably not going to be invisible - I just dont want to build a black box with knobs on it that is 420mm wide. I might make the front panel out of Timber....

Hide this!Advertise here!