Putting amp on speaker cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I am soon going to start an amplifier project for my newly built speakers and I am going to build two Aleph X (haven't decided which model yet) for each channel. My new speakers have a large sub box (one for each channel) and I was thinking of building the amps as a long (approx 70 x 23 cm) heatsink and mount them on the back of the subs. The reason for this is that (as some might have suspected, maybe?) the WAF of large amps on the floor is not that high.

My question is:

Will the performance of the amplifier be impaired if I mount them on the speaker boxes (probably introducing vibrations from the loudspeaker)? Which components are mostly influenced by vibrations (transformers, capacitators or the actual amp circuits and transistors)? I am planning on making a rubber suspension for the amp to reduce vibrations.

Many thanks

Mattias

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.