Bose advertising on diyAudio.com - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd April 2012, 04:51 AM   #1
bqc is offline bqc  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Bose advertising on diyAudio.com

It does not matter to me that Bose advertises on diyAudio.com. It's free money for the board. But does Bose really think it can sell its products to the members of this board? Does it not know what the diy stand for? Does it ever check out the web sites that it advertises on and send money to? Or does it have software that automatically scourge the net for anything with name audio in it and automatically wire a deposit with some ads to be posted?
Old 2nd April 2012, 05:19 AM   #2
djQUAN is offline djQUAN  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to djQUAN Send a message via Yahoo to djQUAN
I get ads on Pioneer boomboxes too.
Old 2nd April 2012, 05:55 AM   #3
benb is offline benb  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bqc View Post
It does not matter to me that Bose advertises on diyAudio.com. It's free money for the board. But does Bose really think it can sell its products to the members of this board? Does it not know what the diy stand for? Does it ever check out the web sites that it advertises on and send money to? Or does it have software that automatically scourge the net for anything with name audio in it and automatically wire a deposit with some ads to be posted?
I'm sure something like the last sentence is what happens, and it's the advertising company (looks like AdChoices/Google Ads) displaying the advertisers based on the keywords on the page.

I certainly get your point, and if the ad companies had things truly optimized, Bose ads would not show up here. But that would take knowledge of how Bose is perceived in the audio (and especially DIY) communities, and that's just "too deep" for the advertising company to be able to detect and understand. I'm guessing that ad portals will become smarter, and discover that Bose gets fewer click-throughs and buys on sites like this than on more general sites, and based on that the ad company will adjust ad placement.
Old 2nd April 2012, 07:07 AM   #4
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

What Ben said...

dave
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:53 AM   #5
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bqc View Post
It does not matter to me that Bose advertises on diyAudio.com. It's free money for the board.
Keep on clicking the ads then!
Old 2nd April 2012, 10:19 AM   #6
Serge66 is offline Serge66  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Default BOSE

BOSE: Buy Other Stereo Equipment.

Serge
Old 2nd April 2012, 10:28 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Google Ads are personalized per user and IP. I see different ads than somebody in Europe or Australia. I don't see any Bose ads, those are reserver for people located in California. Don't worry, ads company know their targets... Probably California sees a lot of Prius ads too
Try accessing this site via Tor network (that gives a random IP from somwhere in the world) and you will be surprised to find a "new world" of ads.

Last edited by SoNic_real_one; 2nd April 2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 2nd April 2012, 10:35 AM   #8
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

nothing wrong with Bose

if you aren't dumb enough to buy it ......... or have adequate cookie in your browser history

- I have pair of Roommates , connected to Hafler DH101 , in daughter's room . Perfect!
Old 2nd April 2012, 10:42 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge66 View Post
BOSE: Buy Other Stereo Equipment.

Serge
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:57 PM   #10
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

There are plenty of threads on here which have little or nothing to do with DIY audio. For example, a recent thread about a Pioneer system where the only DIY was (perhaps) the rack on which the system sat.

Some people seem to regard this as a site for audio in general, but with some resident experts who are better informed than on some other sites. "I have bought a (insert name of commercial amp). I would like to buy a matching preamp so would you recommend X, Y or Z?" The only DIY is installation, and a good dealer can do that for you as well.

Hide this!Advertise here!