diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Bose advertising on diyAudio.com (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/209993-bose-advertising-diyaudio-com.html)

bqc 2nd April 2012 05:51 AM

Bose advertising on diyAudio.com

It does not matter to me that Bose advertises on diyAudio.com. It's free money for the board. But does Bose really think it can sell its products to the members of this board? Does it not know what the diy stand for? Does it ever check out the web sites that it advertises on and send money to? Or does it have software that automatically scourge the net for anything with name audio in it and automatically wire a deposit with some ads to be posted?

djQUAN 2nd April 2012 06:19 AM

I get ads on Pioneer boomboxes too. :)

benb 2nd April 2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bqc (Post 2969441)
It does not matter to me that Bose advertises on diyAudio.com. It's free money for the board. But does Bose really think it can sell its products to the members of this board? Does it not know what the diy stand for? Does it ever check out the web sites that it advertises on and send money to? Or does it have software that automatically scourge the net for anything with name audio in it and automatically wire a deposit with some ads to be posted?

I'm sure something like the last sentence is what happens, and it's the advertising company (looks like AdChoices/Google Ads) displaying the advertisers based on the keywords on the page.

I certainly get your point, and if the ad companies had things truly optimized, Bose ads would not show up here. But that would take knowledge of how Bose is perceived in the audio (and especially DIY) communities, and that's just "too deep" for the advertising company to be able to detect and understand. I'm guessing that ad portals will become smarter, and discover that Bose gets fewer click-throughs and buys on sites like this than on more general sites, and based on that the ad company will adjust ad placement.

planet10 2nd April 2012 08:07 AM

What Ben said...

dave

zman01 2nd April 2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bqc (Post 2969441)
It does not matter to me that Bose advertises on diyAudio.com. It's free money for the board.

Keep on clicking the ads then! :D

Serge66 2nd April 2012 11:19 AM

BOSE

BOSE: Buy Other Stereo Equipment. :D

Serge:cool:

SoNic_real_one 2nd April 2012 11:28 AM

Google Ads are personalized per user and IP. I see different ads than somebody in Europe or Australia. I don't see any Bose ads, those are reserver for people located in California. Don't worry, ads company know their targets... Probably California sees a lot of Prius ads too :D
Try accessing this site via Tor network (that gives a random IP from somwhere in the world) and you will be surprised to find a "new world" of ads.

Zen Mod 2nd April 2012 11:35 AM

nothing wrong with Bose

if you aren't dumb enough to buy it ......... or have adequate cookie in your browser history

:rofl:

- I have pair of Roommates , connected to Hafler DH101 , in daughter's room . Perfect!

lduarte1973 2nd April 2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serge66 (Post 2969632)
BOSE: Buy Other Stereo Equipment. :D

Serge:cool:

:D

DF96 2nd April 2012 01:57 PM

There are plenty of threads on here which have little or nothing to do with DIY audio. For example, a recent thread about a Pioneer system where the only DIY was (perhaps) the rack on which the system sat.

Some people seem to regard this as a site for audio in general, but with some resident experts who are better informed than on some other sites. "I have bought a (insert name of commercial amp). I would like to buy a matching preamp so would you recommend X, Y or Z?" The only DIY is installation, and a good dealer can do that for you as well.