Project management - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th March 2012, 03:15 AM   #1
beamsjr is offline beamsjr  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Project management

We are working on an project management site for Electronics enthusiasts to better organize and manage their projects.

We expect to have a beta version ready within the next few weeks and are looking for a limited amount of testers to try out the site and provide feedback.

If you are interested in participation please visit uDuino.com and leave your email address. As soon as we are ready to begin testing we will contact you with login information.

We donít sell, rent, lease or give away user email addresses. We will not share your email information with third parties. Your information will only be used as described above.

Thanks, Joe@uduino.com
Old 30th March 2012, 10:39 AM   #2
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Why? Is lack of organisation and management a major issue for DIY projects? Who are 'we'?

When I worked in industry I found that 'project management' often worked against the best interests of the project, so why would I want to import failed ideas into my hobby?
Old 30th March 2012, 11:26 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thank you for the questions.

"We" are just a few friends who grew up together who have decided to work together in our off time to develop this site.

When I say 'project management', Im really talking more about the orginization of data sheets, parts, code, sharing etc.. We are by no means building a site that an organization would use, this is strictly geared for the hobbyist.

I don't know If I would say there is any major issue, only that it could be better.

Thanks, Joe
Old 30th March 2012, 12:44 PM   #4
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

OK.
Old 18th May 2012, 03:20 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Beta is now open

We have finally reached our public beta! I am really hoping to get some feedback!

Parts are the heart of uDuino. A key collaboration aspect of Uduino is from your contribution of parts. Your parts can be used in your projects and can also be used by other users. To create a part, click the create new part link in the top right.

Another large part of uDuino is allowing you to create projects you are working on. The link between your projects and parts is what makes uduino unique, enabling users to quickly locate projects that use a part they are interested in. To create a project click the create new project link on the top right.

The inventory section of uduino is a great way for you to keep track of parts that you have by adding them to a location within your inventory. To get started first add your location in the "My Inventory" page. Then, when you are on a part's page, click on "Use this part" and choose "Use in Inventory"
Old 18th May 2012, 04:44 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Location: Barrio Garay,Almirante Brown, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Congratulations for the good idea. But, this kind of services, can only work in the "first world". Here, in the *** of the world, in where politics block importing and exporting (including medicines necessary for live), and believing that the best way to solve economical problems is isolation from the rest of the world, this project will not work.

Good luck, and best regards from the "*** of the world!!!"

Hide this!Advertise here!