QST Archives from 1915 available on-line

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just got the announcement from the ARRL, for members

We are excited to announce two new ARRL membership benefits that will be introduced in June 2012.
In addition to the print copy of QST, all members will have access to an online, digital edition of QST at no extra cost. You will be able to access QST from anywhere--on nearly any computer, laptop, mobile device, smartphone and tablet (including Apple iPad, iPhone, and devices using the Android operating system).

Also in June, members will gain access to archived issues of QST from December 1915 to the present (previously, only issues through 2007 were available to members). If you are familiar with the current periodicals archive (which serves images of pages), that platform will be expanded to include all of QST from December 1915 through December 2011. A second, new archive will be introduced for issues beginning January 2012, featuring enhanced functionality including full-text search.

Be Prepared!
Members must have a valid ARRL website login to access the current digital edition of QST and archived editions. For a smooth launch of these exciting new benefits, and so that you will be able to quickly access the digital version of QST as soon it becomes available, we are e-mailing you some information that will help you login to the ARRL website prior to launch.

I found a (very small) note in the current QST about the archive. I went to the ARRL website, however it seems one needs an ARRL Membership ID number to obtain a "valid ARRL website login". I used their web contact form to ask how to do this, but I am not terribly hopeful as I've not had a reply from the web contact form in the past.

ARRL has never emailed me anything but that may be because I doubt they've ever had an email address for me. Hmmm. QSD?

The problem I was having with registration seems to be a problem with my computer setup, as I was easily able to register for the ARRL site from a computer at work.

Thank you for the heads up! I doubt I would have noticed the announcement otherwise. I have most of the back issues of QST in hard copy but they are not easy to find or search. Sadly I must confess these days I am more interested in audio than in radio, though I keep my amateur and commercial licenses current.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.