Windsurfer parabolic Wi-Fi booster

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I made a little thingy today that gave 2 extra Wi-Fi signal indication bars on my Smart TV located at the other end of the house 35ft from the router.
Found it here.
I made just one because the router is facing the other way so an extra in the front would block the other. Still if your router faces the area of interest by its width, two are best. If printed in double size, gives 3dB more is said. A 1:1 print size Windsurfer plus positioning the front wand parallel to the floor gave best result to me, so no further hassle. Even if your router has no external antenna(s), a bigger printed parabolic booster about the size of the router can be placed close behind it and give results is claimed on the web.
Here is it on my 3com. Directed, and turned on its back. Just a layer of kitchen aluminum foil stuck with UHU glue did the trick.

Attachments

• DSCF2916.JPG
    DSCF2916.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF2921.JPG
    DSCF2921.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 78
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.