Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not my thing

• Why ruin a good old machine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys just toying with a idea at the moment... I got a old cassette deck lying around with a broken belt, I want to somehow turn it into a iPod dock as most my tapes are no longer used... (sad I know) but I want to retain the use of the cassette decks functions, I don't know what it is I can't bring myself to throw it out or sell it, it just looks brilliant???

So anyway the idea would be to let the play stop and pause work like normal with ff and rwd acting like next track sort of function, I'm more than happy to hack a plastic iPod dock apart to get the guts and possibly use this as a basis

Or the other option is to just hijack the decks audio and bypass the function buttons and control things with the iPod

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated as I'm a novice at this sort of thing ( but willing to get my hands dirty and learn)

Thanks guys

Damien

Or skip it entirely and use something like this:

ULIFE033300_02_L.jpg

ULIFE033300_04_L.jpg

There are several of these floating around. Some work with a remote, some actually work with the cassette player's FF/RW/Play functions. (But those are rarer)

To use this, however, you'll have to replace that belt...

Charles.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.