Free MIT course on Circuits and Electronics - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th February 2012, 11:02 PM   #1
Pemo is offline Pemo  Mexico
diyAudio Member

Default Free MIT course on Circuits and Electronics

Hi everyone. You might be interested in this: https://6002x.mitx.mit.edu/

"6.002x (Circuits and Electronics) is an experimental on-line adaptation of MIT’s first undergraduate analog design course: 6.002. This course will run, free of charge, for students worldwide from March 5, 2012 through June 8, 2012."

Hope this will be useful to you.

Best regards,

PEMO
Old 17th February 2012, 11:09 PM   #2
Johno is offline Johno  Australia
diyAudio Member

Is this a phishing expedition?
Old 18th February 2012, 12:29 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

This is legit, hey I even taught a couple of classes.
Old 18th February 2012, 01:58 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Looks good.
Old 18th February 2012, 02:45 AM   #5
Johno is offline Johno  Australia
diyAudio Member

Thank you Scott et al.
No offence intended, to MIT or PEMO, but in these times of cyber mimicry and ensueing nasties the IT guys at MIT seem more than a bit naive. Most web marshal appliance rules that I know of would block a domain name like that and it certainly rang my alarm bells. And still does.
Old 18th February 2012, 03:17 AM   #6
jcx is offline jcx  United States
diyAudio Member

articles:
MITx starts with 6.002x - The Tech

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2012/m...urse-0213.html
Old 18th February 2012, 03:21 AM   #7
Pemo is offline Pemo  Mexico
diyAudio Member

Default MIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno View Post
Thank you Scott et al.
No offence intended, to MIT or PEMO, but in these times of cyber mimicry and ensueing nasties the IT guys at MIT seem more than a bit naive. Most web marshal appliance rules that I know of would block a domain name like that and it certainly rang my alarm bells. And still does.
MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) is offering this course for free. If you just follow the link, it will take you to the page where you can register for it. I have no interest in this except letting all of you know that this is a wonderful opportunity to learn or re affirm your electronic knowledge.
Old 20th February 2012, 07:59 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Looking at the resumes of the three professors, they all seem to be computer scientists, not EE scientists.
I wonder why that is. Has MIT run out of EE professors to teach the EE courses ?
Old 20th February 2012, 09:13 PM   #9
jcx is offline jcx  United States
diyAudio Member

given what the leading edge of academic analog design theory looks like you're much better off with any Prof that has enthusiasm for, experience in undergrad teaching

Computer Science grew up inside the EE dept – despite the modern view of programming being hardware independent the hardware had to be invented, evolved together with the programming techniques

Sussman’s CV is pretty strong on systems modeling work, including using programming as mental discipline for teaching systems modeling

much of 6.002 is linear systems theory – modeling linear systems is pretty much a cross-curricular course for most engineering and many science programs, not just Analog EE

I was in one of 4 sections of a intro linear systems course, our section was taught by a new Prof with impressive theory publications – the 15 randomly assigned undergrads in our section “mode” average was one letter grade less than the other sections – I kinda suspect the monotone drone of the Prof reading the book to us in class didn’t help
Old 20th February 2012, 09:59 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

This is pretty bold. There is a big difference between posting all the course materials and actually assigning homework and giving tests! I will be curious to see how many start the course and how many finish.

Hide this!Advertise here!