Neil Young on MP3 quality...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yeah.... Neil was always a smart individual who could not be swayed from his own visions and thoughts.

In that interview, he outlines everthing that I have be saying for years.... to mostly deaf (read ignorant) ears.

I have often said to people that if they truly understood how digital sound is created, they would know that it's impossible for digital sound to capture every nuance of sound as analog can. Again, this is met with ignorance for the most part.

Also, as Neil said... even once respected audio companys are now excusively catering to the back end of the mule.

We now have generations who never heard great sound!
I just keep silent with disguest when someone tells me that their mp3s played through earbuds sound great and they are are glad that vinyl is a thing of the past.

As Neil said, "they (just) made it pretty (convenient) and gave it more bass" !

Last edited:
I have often said to people that if they truly understood how digital sound is created, they would know that it's impossible for digital sound to capture every nuance of sound as analog can. Again, this is met with ignorance for the most part. ...

Those of you who think you truly understand how digital sound is created are a constant source of amusement to those of us who do.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.