Good and cheap portable MP3 players?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heres another vote for the laptop hard drive based mp3 players (iPod among others). I have an archos jukebox recorder with a 20 gig hd, and use it every day. I can record lectures at school straight to mp3, or send it to class with a friend so I can skip. It takes standard 2.5" drives and its quite easy to swap in a 60 gigger if you run out of room. Best of all, I paid an extra 50 bucks or so from circuit city, so anytime in the next 2 years I can bring it back and get my 200 dollars back. So really the player only will cost me 50 bucks and the 200 is just a deposit. Once I build a 1 or 2 watt FM transmitter to put on the dash of my car, I'll have all my music with me all of the time. And 2 watts should be enough to drown out all the stupid rap music and everybody around me must listen to devo or the clash. Anyways, I've used both archos and ipods and both are well worth the money, and you dont have multiple mp3 cds to worry about or minidisks to dig through.

-Chris

Finally broke the piggy and brought it :) It was about $99 with 8 blank MD, and the complete set of accesories.

It's good. The build quality is top-notch Sony (it was the top of the line model back then) - metallic cover, sturdy, compact, and really the only thing lacking is the NetMD. Otherwise sounds fantastic, loud enough, it's *TINY* and easy on the batteries! A true Godsend :angel: Thanks for the great advice guys!

PS: These non-NetMD *can* be automated to record and title via the remote control slot - the details are here. New project next week!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.