The pointless argument thread - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 12th January 2012, 02:33 PM   #1
godfrey is offline godfrey  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Default The pointless argument thread

Every now and then a "subjectivist vs objectivist" argument breaks out on the forum, with the same people saying the same thing over and over again until even they get bored with it. Then a month or two later the same nonsense starts afresh in some other thread.

I've started this thread in the fervent hope that in future any such arguments can be steered towards this thread, rather than completely disrupting whatever thread they happened to have started in, as is normally the case.

Suitable topics include whether all amps sound the same, whether anybody ever claimed they did, and anything to do with DBTs.

Last edited by godfrey; 12th January 2012 at 02:38 PM.

Old 12th January 2012, 03:27 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I think it is ridiculous to suggest that we should only have pointless arguments here...do you have any double blind test results that show that doing so would improve the quality of my life??

Old 12th January 2012, 03:30 PM   #3
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

This thread is pointless, and it arises from missing the point of others threads. Especially the particular thread which provoked the OP into starting this one.

Old 12th January 2012, 03:34 PM   #4
Turbon is offline Turbon  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I'm totally of another opinion, unsure of which though.

Brgds

Old 12th January 2012, 03:35 PM   #5
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
This thread is pointless, and it arises from missing the point of others threads. Especially the particular thread which provoked the OP into starting this one.

My sister was once bitten by a moose.

Old 12th January 2012, 03:40 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
Snagged her cardie too did it?

Old 12th January 2012, 03:41 PM   #7
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxalito View Post
Snagged her cardie too did it?
No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink".

Old 12th January 2012, 03:43 PM   #8
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

The speed of light is NOT constant!

Oh... sorry. We already have that thread.

Old 12th January 2012, 03:52 PM   #9
godfrey is offline godfrey  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
This thread is pointless,...
The content is, yes.
Quote:
...and it arises from missing the point of others threads.
...or maybe it arises because I got the point the first 37 times.

Old 12th January 2012, 03:57 PM   #10
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

No, I think not. The thread was about measurements and sound. It is likely that in such a thread people will share their views on measurements and sound, including well known positions which have emerged in other threads. The thread was tailor-made for such discussion.

By the way, is this a 5 minute argument or have you paid for the full half-hour?
(Monty Python)

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!