Check out this power supply?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Post card from the Seventh Veil

planet10 said:
Hi guys. I was wondering whether I'd get away with that one or whether someone would pick it up.

It's been interesting. These adverts have been banned by eBay for link policy violations. This was even though I removed the link on the eBay version. When I complained that I wasn't violating their rules they actually wrote:

Although your current auctions may have been in compliance with eBay's policies, this account has received multiple warnings in the past for listing items inappropriately. Based on the past performance of this account, we have found that this action was appropriate at this time.

What's that about? Incidentally, for "multiple warnings" read "one". I reckon that the eBay humour police were out in force.

Most people have been amused though and that was my intention - generate some attention for my speakers without annoying people too much or spending large sums of money that I don't have.

I had two or three people write: "can I fit the power station into my Jeep Cherokee?" to which my answer was "yes, but you may need to make more than one trip".

One or two asked me how the power supply compared with their nuclear version.

The guys on the Naim forum picked the adverts up with a fair amount of hoo-haa - some positive some negative. Someone described me as a "superb guerilla marketing man". Cool. :cool:

Anyway, what else has been happening? Well, sorry I haven't had much time to participate on my favorite forum. I'll be back though - probably when I get to designing the next model. I've been working on some interesting ideas. At least I think that some of you would find them interesting. The rest of you would be laughing so hard you won't care.

I've heard the Seventh Veil speakers in many different set-ups. The best was a couple of days ago when I visited Anthony Matthews in Wales. He is the co-designer of the Tom Evans Soul power amp. It's a sort of single-ended, class A, hybrid tube amp. We had a 30W/channel version on the full-range speakers with a 15W/channel version driving the subs. It was quite simply stunning - the best I've heard. Amazing clarity and detail and fantastic sound-stage. My speakers completely disappeared. :drool: Mind you, at £20K for the power amps alone I'd hoped it would be good. Anthony Matthews had some kind things to say about the speakers too, including that many of the tracks he listened to were the best he'd ever heard them. I'll put his review up on my web site soon. When I get time. Busy, busy, busy. :eek:

So that's the news from this front.
Having a lovely time. Wish you were here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.