Found a Kenwood Amplifier + More (Pics)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If this doesn't belong in this forum please move it

Hi there, the other day my neighbours left a cabinet full of stereo equiptment on their front lawn. It all looked in pretty good condition so I decided to bring it inside. I havn't been able to test it yet, but apart from some dust it all looks pretty immaculate and I'd be surprised if at least some of the units didn't still work. So, since I don't know anything about this stuff, and I'm a little young to even recognize what some of these things are, I thought I'd post a pic here and see if maybe you guys can give me some info, like what year it was made, maybe even an estimate on what it might be worth (although I may just keep it).

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/70/img8082d.jpg

The units in the cabinet are as follows:
KD-34R Turn Table
KA-34 Integrated Stereo Amplifier
KT-34 Stereo Synthesizer Tuner
KX-34 Stereo Cassette Deck
DP-47 CD Player

As you can see it's almost a complete set of '34's which I think is pretty cool. From the research I've done it seems the only thing missing is a GE-34 Graphic Equalizer, and there was no 34 series CD player from what I can tell..

Last edited:
Hi, so I pulled the back off the cabinet to get a good look at everything. The turntable wasn't hooked up but I figured it out and managed to play one of my mum's LPs through our stereo speakers. I also managed to program a few radio stations into the tuner and played a CD. I don't have any cassett tapes so I don't know about the deck, but everything else sounds great, I'm really enjoying playing with this old stuff, and if I get a new set of speakers it might just find a permanent place in my room :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.